1. The variety of exported vegetables is becoming more diversified
(1) Fresh vegetables. The export of preserved vegetables has shown rapid growth in recent years. According to statistics, my country’s vegetable exports in 1998 were 1,963,400 tons, of which 1.169 million were exported from preserved vegetables, accounting for 67.87% of vegetable exports.
(2) Vegetable pickled products. Pickled vegetables are one of the most widespread and popular vegetable products, and my country only exports nearly 200,000 tons to Japan each year.
(3) Dried vegetable products. There are more than 20 varieties of dehydrated vegetables in my country, mainly onions, garlic, carrots, ginger, cauliflower and gourd strips, etc. The annual export volume is about 26,000 tons, and the foreign exchange earnings are more than 200 million US dollars.
(4) Canned vegetables. Canned vegetables have a 90-year history in our country, accounting for about 30%-40% of the total canned food. In the export value, canned vegetables account for more than 50% of the total canned food. The main varieties are canned asparagus, canned tomatoes, canned mushrooms and canned water chestnuts.
(5) Vegetable soup. Some special groups such as field operations, ocean voyages, combat, and even people with special diseases also need to consume a large amount of commercial soup. The development of soup processing in my country is slow, and there are not many vegetable soups. At present, there are only a few varieties such as asparagus soup, which still needs a lot of development.
(6) Frozen preserved vegetables. There are many types of frozen preserved vegetables in my country, such as quick-frozen vegetables, quick-frozen ginger, quick-frozen asparagus, and quick-frozen kidney beans.
2. Vegetables are exported to many countries and regions in the world
In recent years, my country’s vegetable export market has expanded year by year, and exports have spread to many countries and regions in the world. For example, fresh vegetables are mainly exported to Japan, South Korea, Singapore, the United States and Middle Eastern countries, and some specialty vegetables such as ginger are also exported to the United Kingdom, Australia and France; pickled vegetables are mainly exported to Japan, South Korea, the United States and Singapore; dehydrated vegetables are mainly exported to Western European countries , Japan, the United States, Australia, South Korea, Singapore, etc.; canned vegetables are mainly exported to Western European countries, the United States, Japan, South Korea; vegetable soup is mainly exported to the United States, Western European countries, Japan and Hong Kong, and Hong Kong alone consumes 5,000 tons per year; frozen preservation Vegetables are mainly exported to Japan, South Korea, the United States, Western European countries, New Zealand and Australia.